Sunday, January 18, 2009

New LOs and Great News!

Great news!!!! I've been wanting to share this with you all...WOO HOO! The wonderful girls from USE YOUR STASH asked me to be on their DT! Here is the announcement. I can't say it enough how great Kimmie and Corey are. Each month they post a challenge for us scrapbookers, and the challenge encourages us to use what we have in our stash. Confess, gals...who doesn't have stash that we should be using before we buy new stuff. (Oh, and once you use it all and have all that newly found room you can go buy new stuff) So, check out the blog, do the challenge and you could win a gift certificate!

AMR had an anniversary crop this past weekend. I think there was something like 35 challenges or so. The crop lasted two days and was a huge success. I had a blast! And, I was able to create a bunch of new LOs. One cool thing is that one of the memner challenges was to use acrylic. OK, I've had an acrylic album for a while, but have been afraid (silly, I know) to use it. I think I wanted it to be perfect. KWIM? ANyway, I tried it and just loved how it turned out. ANd, I really want to do more. This one is for my dad. I had the cutest of photos of dad and my nephew, James from Christmas. Dad, don't look! Here are a few of the pages.


Since I did so many of the challenges, I will show you all just a few of them. I love this photo of Andy reading to Jake and Allison. It was taken by BIL, John, in Ocotber 2002. Jake was 16 months and Allison just turned 2. The title is so fitting as "Delight". This might be my favorite LO. I just love the colors and the simplicity of it.

This is a photo of me when I was young. We lived in Berlin at the time and mom and dad took us to the German/British Unity Day Air Show. We got to sit in a helicopter. How cool when you are so little. OK, I would still think it is cool, LOL. Anyway, I love how the LO turned out. The colors are great together and I like how they look with my mustard little outfit and the browns in the helicopter.
This photo is of my sisters and me. Debbie and I loved ballet. But Jacqui hated it. Anyway, I did this for a challenge that we had to use pink, lots of pink. Since the pink in the photo was so overbearing, I decided to mute the pink in the embellishments and paper. Noy sure that you can tell, but the cardstock is Bazzil Bling.

2 comments:

angie worthington said...

i am so happy for you!!!!...you deserve it!...

Elizabeth said...

yey!! I'm so happy for you!! I love your projects!!