Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Homework...for Us?

Yesterday was the first day of school here in Dare County. Since we are moving into a new house, we enrolled Jake in the new school. He was a little nervous about making all new friends, but when we were completing his paperwork for the school transfer, he saw another kid he knew from his daycare. He was in a different teacher's class, but they were able to see each other during recess. Jake is officially a "First Flight Fyer" now, not a "Nags Head Wave Runner". It is hard to believe he is in 2nd grade!
I had to laugh when I picked him up from school. The first thing he told me about was the homework. He said he didn't have homework, we do. I said, "Wait a minute, I didn't go to school today, how did I get homework?" He laughed and said, "that's OK, Daddy has to do it with you, too. It is for both of you to do together." And let me tell you, he meant it. While Jake was playing with a neighborhood boy, I took out the paperwork, aka homework, and started filling out the humongous pile of forms. Jake noticed and made me wait until Andy got home. It took us over an hour to read everything and complete them all.

I hope we get an A.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh, we just did that times 2 since I have 2 in school. But, I think the kids are enjoying school. Sounds like Jake will, too.